Highlights of the tour
Return economy class air ticket inclusive of taxes, visa charges, 01 night stay each in Negombo, Sigiriya, Anuradhapura, Kandy, Beruwala and Colombo and sightseeing.
After you arrive in Sri Lanka, you will be met by our representative who will assist you with your transfer to Negombo. You can spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Overnight stay at the hotel in Negombo.
After breakfast leave for sigiriya. En route you will visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
* Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage ‑ It was started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded, the orphanage has grown to be a big family today. A unique experience not to be missed. After that transfer to Sigiriya via Dambulla.
* Dambulla ‑ is a vast isolated rock mass 500 ft high and a mile around the base. The famous Rock Temple dating to the First Century BC is found here. The caves of Dambulla sheltered the King Walagamba during his 14 years of exile from Anuradhapura. When he regained the throne he built the most magnificent of Rock Temples to be found on the Island.
* Sigiriya ‑ is home to the 5th Century “Fortress in the Sky” which is perhaps the most fantastic single wonder of the Island. It is also known as Lion Rock because of the huge lion that used to stand at the entrance to the fortress. Within its triple‑moated defence the huge rock rises almost to a sheer height of 500 ft. On its summit are the foundations of what was once a great and sumptuous palace and gardens complete with swimming pool. On one of the stairways the only known ancient work of Sinhala secular painting survived in the form of Frescoes of life sized damsels in all the freshness and delicacy of their original colour.
Overnight stay at Sigiriya.
After breakfast leave for Polonnaruwa and visit Polonnaruwa sightseeing.
* Polonnaruwa ‑ the Capital of Sri Lanka from 11th ‑ 13th Century, contains some splendid and spectacular statues. Lankatileke, Tivanka and Thuparama are the most beautiful and largest shrine ruins and Tivanka has the best example of frescoes of the Polonnaruwa period. Rankot Vihara and Kiriwehera are well preserved large stupas, and Gal Vihare ‑ a rock shrine, has four Buddha statues, two seated, one standing and one reclining and Parakrama Bahu statue are examples of Sinhalese stone carver. The Vata‑da‑ge is a unique creation of the Sri Lankan artists. On completion transfer to Anuradapura.
Overnight stay at Anuradhapura.
After breakfast visit Anuradhapura sightseeing.
Anuradhapura ‑ is the most celebrated of Sri Lanka’s ancient ruined cities. The city’s greatest treasures are its dagabas constructed of small sun‑dried bricks and hemispherical in shape. The most notable of these dagabas are the Ruvanveli which dates back to the 2nd Century BC and is 300 ft in diameter, the Jetawanarama is 370 ft and the Thuparama which enshrines the collarbone of the Buddha. The city’s most renowned relic is the sacred Bo‑Tree which is said to have grown from a branch of the tree under which the Buddha gained enlightenment. It was planted 2250 years ago and is the oldest historic tree in the world. Thereafter leave for Kandy. En route visit a spice garden and batik factory in Matale.
* Spice Garden ‑ at Matale and see the luscious Cinnamons, Cardamons, Pepper plants etc. You can also purchase your requirements of spices.
* Batik Factory ‑ where you can see the manufacture of beautiful Batik prints. The shop contains a wide variety of Batik items.
Overnight stay at Kandy.
After breakfast commence city tour of Kandy, including Upper Lake Drive, Market Square, Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and the Royal Botanical Gardens.
* Kandy ‑ the hill capital. Venue of the annual Perahera. The last stronghold of the Sinhala Kings was finally ceded to the British in 1815. Kandy is an example of the Buddhism’s influence in Sri Lanka today. Temple’s shrines and monasteries keeping alive Buddhist traditions are everywhere.
* Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic ‑ ever since 4th Century A.D, when the Buddha’s Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orissan princess’ hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered Sri Lanka’s most prized possession.
* Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya ‑ Sixty Seven hectares of exquisite beauty and botanical treasurers containing more than 4000 species, this is haven not only for Scientists but to every nature lover as well. Thereafter proceed to Bentota.
Overnight stay at Bentota.
After breakfast proceed to Galle & commence sightseeing of Galle.
* Galle ‑ Sri Lanka’s most historically interesting town is Galle. Built on a premonitory rock in the south of the Island, it was a major port until about 100 years, but today still handles shipping and sailing boats in the natural harbour. Stroll around the Light House and harbour or visit the old town where you can see the traditional lace makers and carvers and purchase some the finest shell‑craft souvenirs in the world.
On completion return to Colombo & afternoon commence city tour of Colombo.
* Colombo ‑ a drive through the city taking you to the busy commercial areas as well as the tree‑lined residential, Cinnamon Gardens. Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street ‑ the Goldsmith’s quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, where is also a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings and the Dutch Church of Wolfendhal dating back to 1749. The historic Dawatagaha Mosque and the former Eye Hospital are two buildings in Cinnamon Gardens worth looking at. Also visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha and the Independence Square.
Overnight stay at Colombo.
After breakfast, you will be assisted with your transfer to the airport to board your flight.
|Sigiriya||Kassapa Lion Rock|
Package Prices Per Person
|City||Adult in Twin||Child with Bed||Child No Bed|
- Return economy class air ticket inclusive of taxes.
- Visa charges.
- Accommodation on bed and breakfast basis at the thre- star hotels specified or similar.
- 01 night stay each in Negombo, Sigiriya, Anuradapura, Kandy, Beruwala and Colombo.
- Visit to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Dambulla in Sigiriya.
- Visit Sigiriya, home to the 5th century ‘Fortress in the Sky’..
- Visit to Polonnaruwa in Anuradhapura, Spice Garden at Matale and Batik factory in Kandy.
- City tour of Kandy, visit to Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Royal Botanical Gardens, and Peradeniya in Beruwala.
- Tour of Galle town and city tour of Colombo.
- Transportation in an AC vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur / guide for 06 pax and a separate English speaking guide for a group of 07 pax or more.
- Value added tax (VAT).
- Any increase in the cost or taxes.
- Any personal expenses such as telephone, fax, laundry, tips, mini bar, and room service etc.
- Any additional excursion, and anything not mentioned under ‘Cost Includes’.
- Lunch or Dinner on tour.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Camera/video permits.
- Expenses of personal nature.
- All applicable entrance fees.
- Anything that is not mentioned in Inclusions.
General Terms & Conditions:
- This travel package is based on a minimum of 02 adult passengers traveling together.
- Prices are based on Standard Rooms unless otherwise specified.
- Child No Bed rates apply for children between the ages of 2 and 11 years sharing their parent’s bed.
- Surcharge is applicable on a passenger traveling alone.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- The International check-in time is1400 hrs & check-out time is 1200 hrs.
- The details of the sightseeing tours mentioned are indicative. The same may differ and the final details will be advised at the time of confirmation.
- Name changes will be considered as a cancellation in a booking.
- Amendment charges and/or cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, sightseeing/transfer rates, fuel charges or taxes, rate of exchange, surcharges, etc. which may come into effect prior to the departure, will lead to an increase in the package price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- No refund will be given for any unused services.
- In case of non-availability of hotel rooms, alternate options will be suggested which may involve an increase in price.
- All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- All bookings terms & conditions of 100percenttravels.com will apply.
- Service Tax on gross value will be applicable on the sale of any Outbound tour services.
- These prices are not valid during Christmas and New Year’s Eve or any major events and peak season.
Related blogs and more information about the places covered will appear here soon.