Highlights of the tour
Return economy class air tickets inclusive of taxes, visa charges, 02 nights in Kandy, 01 night each in Nuwara Eliya, Yala, Bentota and Colombo, and sightseeing.
After your arrival in Sri Lanka, you will be met by our representative and assisted with your transfer to Kandy. En route, visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
* Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage ‑ Started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded, this orphanage has grown to a big family today. A unique experience, not to be missed! After that head to the hotel. Check in to the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel in Kandy.
Shortly after breakfast, set out on a city tour of Kandy that includes Upper Lake Drive, Market Square and the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic.
* Kandy‑ the hill capital. Venue of the annual Perahera. The last stronghold of the Sinhala Kings was finally ceded to the British in 1815. Kandy is an example of the Buddhism’s influence in Sri Lanka today. Temple’s shrines and monasteries keeping alive Buddhist traditions are everywhere.
* Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya ‑ Sixty‑seven hectares of exquisite beauty and botanical treasurers containing more than 4,000 species, this is a delight not only for scientists but for nature lovers as well.
* Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic‑ ever since 4th Century A.D, when Buddha’s Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orison princess’ hair, the Relic has grown in repute for its holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered Sri Lanka’s most prized possession. In the evening, enjoy a cultural show featuring various dance forms of Sri Lanka. Overnight stay in Kandy.
After breakfast leave for Nuwara Eliya and en route visit a tea plantation.
* Tea Plantation ‑ Tea was first planted in Sri Lanka in 1824 at the Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya, when a few plants were brought over from China. More were introduced from Assam in 1839. In 1867, a Scottish Planter named James Taylor planted tea seedlings on 8 hectares of forest land, in the Loolcondura Estate.
* Nuwara Eliya ‑ The ‘Little England’ of Sri Lanka, is set against a beautiful backdrop of Mountains, Valleys, Waterfalls and Tea Plantations. It is supposed to be one of the coldest places on the island, but is really just like an England spring day although the temperature does drop at night. All around Nuwara Eliya you will see evidence of the British influence. Houses are like country cottages or Queen Ann style mansions.
* Seethaeliya ‑ the little Kovil dedicated to Seetha with a statue of Rama, Lakshmana and Hanuman. Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
After breakfast proceed to Yala. Afternoon safari at Yala National Park.
* Yala is a heaven for fauna both indigenous and migrant. Bird concentrations are by the Lagoons/Salvers. There are thousands of Flamingos, assemblies of Spot‑billed Pelicans, Spoonbills, Cormorants and various species of Herons. Pheasants, Pea Fowl, Peacocks and Wild Fowl found here. Wild Buffalo and herds of wild Elephants are a common sight. Overnight stay in Yala.
After breakfast leave for Bentota. En route enjoy a little in Galle.
* Galle ‑ one of Sri Lanka’s most historically interesting towns is Galle. Built on a premonitory rock in the south of the Island. It was a major port until about 100 years, but today handles shipping and sailing boats in the natural harbor. Stroll around the Light House and harbor or visit the old town where you can see traditional lace makers and carvers, and purchase some of the finest shell‑craft souvenirs in the world. Check in to the hotel. Overnight stay in Bentota.
After breakfast transfer to Colombo and enjoy a city tour of Colombo that includes time to enjoy some shopping.
* Colombo a drive through the city taking you to the busy commercial areas as well as the tree‑lined residential, Cinnamon Gardens. Visit Fort (former British administrative center and military garrison), Sea Street ‑ (the Goldsmith’s quarters in the heart of Pettah), the Bazaar area (where you will also find a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings), and the Dutch Church of Wolfendhal dating back to 1749. The historic Dawatagaha Mosque and the former Eye Hospital are two buildings in Cinnamon Gardens that many consider worth a visit. Also, visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha and the Independence Square. Overnight stay in Colombo.
After breakfast, transfer to the airport to board the flight back home.
|Kandy||Swiss Residence 3*|
|Nuwara Eliya||Galway Forest Lodge 3*|
|Colombo||Hotel Ramada 3*|
|Yala||Elephant Reach 3*|
|Bentota||Induruwa Beach Hotel 3*|
Package cost per person
|City||Adult in Twin||Child with Bed||Child No Bed|
- Return economy class air tickets inclusive of taxes.
- Visa charges.
- Accommodation on bed and breakfast basis at the 3-star hotels specified or similar.
- 02 nights stay in Kandy, 01 night stay each in Nuwara Eliya, Yala, Bentota and Colombo.
- Visit to Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya in Kandy, and Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic in Kandy.
- Visit to Tea Plantation and Seethaeliya in Nuwara Eliya.
- Afternoon safari at Yala National Park.
- City tour of Colombo.
- Transportation in an AC vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur/guide for 06 pax and a separate English speaking guide for a group of 07 pax or more.
- Value added tax.
- Any increase in the cost or taxes.
- Any personal expenses such as telephone, fax, laundry, tips, mini bar, and room service etc.
- Any additional excursion, and anything not mentioned under ‘Cost Includes’.
- Lunch or Dinner on tour.
- Early check-in and late check-out.
- Camera/video permits.
- All applicable entrance fees.
- Jeep hire to Yala National Park.
- Compulsory Christmas and New Year supplements.
- Anything that is not mentioned in Inclusions.
General Terms & Conditions:
- This travel package is based on a minimum of 02 adult passengers traveling together.
- Prices are based on Standard Rooms unless otherwise specified.
- Child No Bed rates apply for children between the ages of 2 and 11 years sharing their parent’s bed.
- Surcharge is applicable on a passenger traveling alone.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- The International check-in time is1400 hrs & check-out time is 1200 hrs.
- The details of the sightseeing tours mentioned are indicative. The same may differ and the final details will be advised at the time of confirmation.
- Name changes will be considered as a cancellation in a booking.
- Amendment charges and/or cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, sightseeing/transfer rates, fuel charges or taxes, rate of exchange, surcharges, etc. which may come into effect prior to the departure, will lead to an increase in the package price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- No refund will be given for any unused services.
- In case of non-availability of hotel rooms, alternate options will be suggested which may involve an increase in price.
- All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- All bookings terms & conditions of 100percenttravels.com will apply.
- Service Tax on gross value will be applicable on the sale of any Outbound tour services.
- These prices are not valid during Christmas and New Year’s Eve or any major events and peak season.
Related blogs and more information about the places covered will appear here soon.