Highlights of the tour
Shillong was the capital of British-created Assam until 1972. Since becoming the state capital of Meghalaya, it has rapidly developed into a typical modern Indian town, but still retains some of its colonial-era charm in certain pockets
Shillong (3 Nights / 4 Days)
Day 01: Guwahati Airport – Shillong (130 Kms / 3 and a half hour drive)
Arrive at Guwahati Airport and drive to Shillong (140 kms / approx. 4 hour drive). On the way, enjoy the scenic view of Umiam Lake or Barapani – the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya. It in situated in the midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines. After that we proceed to the hotel. Check in to your hotel and after refreshments, if time permits visit Cathedral of Mary, and Ward’s Lake. You may spend the evening at leisure. Take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping, if you like . Overnight stay in Shillong.
Day 02: Shillong – Sohra (Cherrapunjee) – Shillong (60 kms / 2 hour drive)
After breakfast drive to Sohra previously known as Cherrapunjee, the wettest place on earth. En route visit the famous Elephant Falls and Shillong Peak ‑ for a bird’s-eye view of Shillong city. In Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem viewpoint to enjoy mesmerizing views of the Hills. Sohra is also home to the gorgeous Seven Sisters Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. Later go on a soft cave walk inside the Mawsmai Cave. The limestone cave is a natural wonder with innumerable formations inside. After lunch at Cherrapunjee, visit Thankarang Park. Drive back to Shillong. Overnight stay at the hotel in Shillong. Note: Most of the waterfalls are dry during winter
Day 03: Shillong – Mwallynong – Shillong
After breakfast drive to Mwallynong, the cleanest village in Asia (100 kms / 3 hour drive approx.), also known as ‘God’s own Garden’. Climb the 80 ft. Sky Walk in Mawlynnong village for a bird’s-eye view of the village, the plantations and faraway plains of Bangladesh. You will also get a glimpse into the Khasi lifestyle, their culture and economy. A trek to the nearby Rewai Village is another interesting activity. Walk down a flight of almost 100 steps to witness nature’s wonder – living root bridge. The bridges are tangles of massive thick roots, which the local people intertwine to form a bridge that can hold several people at a time. The root bridges, may be over a hundred feet long and take ten to fifteen years to become fully functional, but they become very strong in the process. The useful lifespan of the bridges, is thought to be 500-600 years.Later proceed to Shillong. Overnight stay at hotel. Note: It is advisable to carry a packed lunch to Mwallynong.
Day 04: Guwahati Airport Departure
After breakfast, check out of the hotel. You will be assisted with your transfer to Guwahati Airport. Tour ends. You return with wonderful memories of your holiday in Shillong.
Type of Hotels
|Destination||No. of Nights||Economy Hotels||Standard||Deluxe Hotels|
|Shillong||03||ICSSR Nehu Guest House/ JKR Residancy or similar||Hotel Landmark Hills/Hotel Silk Route||Hotel Polo Towers or similar|
Package Prices Per Person (for Indian Nationals)
|No. of Pax||Economy Hotels||Standard Hotels||Deluxe Hotels|
- Accommodation for 03 nights/04 days on twin/double sharing basis.
- Daily Fixed menu/buffet breakfast.
- Exclusive non-AC vehicle for transfers and sightseeing as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All applicable hotel taxes.
- 01 bottle mineral water per person per day
- Airfare/Train fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, liquor, boating and joy rides.
- Any other item not specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
- Additional sightseeing or usage of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide and Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc is to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel prices, leading to an increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Government Service Tax
- Anything that is not mentioned in Inclusions.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 adults travelling together.
- Prices are based on Standard Rooms.
- The surcharge is applicable on a passenger travelling alone.
- ‘Child Rate’ applies to children between the ages of 2 to 12 years.
- Prices for foreign nationals are available on request.
- These rates are not applicable during any Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Trade Fairs and High Season.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- Amendment charges and cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, fuel prices or taxes, which may come into effect prior to departure, will lead to an increase in the tour price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- There will be no refund on any unused services.
- The hotel names mentioned are indicative. In case of non-availability of rooms, you will be accommodated in an alternate hotel of a similar category.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- All our booking terms & conditions will apply.
- AC will not operate inside the cab in hilly areas.
- The above tariffs are not applicable during public holidays, festivals and long weekends that include weekdays.
- Peak season / long weekend surcharge will be applicable as per individual hotel policy.
Related blogs and more information about the places covered will appear here soon.