Highlights of the tour
Shillong is the capital of Meghalaya and home to several waterfalls. It is also known as the ‘Scotland of East’.
Day 01: Arrival in Guwahati – Shillong (130 Kms / 3 and a half hour drive)
On arrival at Guwahati Airport/Station, you will be met by our representative who will assist you with your transfer to Shillong. On the way, take in beautiful views of the Umiam or Barapani Lake‑ the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya. It is nestled in sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines. Check in to your hotel and after refreshments, if time permits, visit the Cathedral of Mary and Ward’s Lake. You can spend the evening at leisure and may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight stay in Shillong.
Day 02: Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong (60 kms / 2 hour‑One way)
After breakfast drive to Sohra previously known as Cherrapunjee, the wettest place on earth. En route visit the famous Elephant Falls and Shillong Peak – to enjoy a bird’s-eye view of Shillong city. At Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem view point for mesmerizing views of the hills. Being in Sohra also offers you the opportunity to visit the gorgeous Seven Sisters Falls and Nohkalikai Falls. Later take a soft cave walk inside the Mawsmai Cave. This limestone cave is a natural wonder with innumerable formations inside. After lunch at Cherrapunjee, visit Thankarang Park, Koh Ramhah and Khrem Falls. Drive back to Shillong. Overnight stay in Shillong. Note: Most of the waterfalls are dry during winter.
Day 03: Shillong – Kaziranga (325 kms / 7 hour drive)
After breakfast drive to Kaziranga. Check in to the hotel. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 04: Kaziranga
Kaziranga, the World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam and is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River. Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for biologically diverse flora & fauna. It is home to the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses besides sheltering about 15 species of India’s threatened mammals. Early in the morning go for Elephant ride at 11;30 a.m./6:30 a.m./ 7:30 a.m.(Subject to allotment by forest department). Return to the hotel for breakfast. After breakfast set out for a Jeep safari in the Central Range. With Kohora as the entry point, the Central Range covers the Daphlang and Kathpora . Later enjoy Local Village & Tea Garden (Outer View) tour. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.In the afternoon you may take an optional Jeep Safari (at ADDITIONAL COST) in the Western Range of Kaziranga National Park. With Bagori as the entry point, the range covers the Monabeel, Bimoli, Donga areas. Overnight stay in Kaziranga.
Day 05: Kaziranga‑Guwahati (250 kms / 5 hour drive)
After breakfast drive to Guwahati. Check in to your hotel. Guwahati, ‘The light of the East’ lies adjacent to the shores of the turbulent Brahmaputra. It is the commercial capital of the Northeast In the afternoon visit Kamakhya Temple. Situated on top of the Nilachal Hill, Maa Kamakhya Temple is the most sacred among the tantrik shrines of Shakti worship in the world. Kamakhya temple is also famous for the annual Ambubachi Mela held for 4 days during monsoon season. There are images of Lord Ganesha, Goddess Chamundi and many dance fixtures. Besides the main Devi temple, there are temples of 10 Mahavidyas in and around temple. These include Bhuvaneshvari, Bagalamukhi, Chinnamasta, Tripura Sundari, Tara, Kali, Bhairavi, Dhumavati, Matangi and Kamala Temples. Temple doors remain open for devotees at the following time slots: 08:00 a.m. to 01:00 p.m. & 3:00 pm to 5:00 p.m. Overnight stay in Guwahati.
Day 06: Departure
After breakfast drive to Guwahati Airport / Station. Tour ends. Return with happy memories of your holiday in Shillong.
Type of Hotels
|Destination||Economy Hotels||Standard Hotels||Deluxe Hotels|
|Shillong||ICSSR Nehu Guest House/ JKR Residancy or similar||Hotel Landmark Hills/Hotel Silk Route||Jupuri Ghar /Wild Grass or similar|
|Kaziranga||JB Resort / Kaziranga Resort or similar||Bonhabi/ Aranya or similar||Hotel Polo Towers or similar|
|Guwahati||Hotel Kalpa or similar||D Courtyard||Royal De Casa/Hotel Vishwaratna|
Package Prices Per Person (for Indian Nationals)
|No. of Pax||Economy Hotels||Standard Hotels||Deluxe Hotels|
- Accommodation for 08 nights / 09 days on twin / double sharing basis.
- Daily fixed menu / buffet breakfast.
- Exclusive AC vehicle for transfers and sightseeing as per itinerary only. (AC will not operate in hilly areas).
- All applicable taxes.
- Airfare/Train fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, liquor, boating and joy rides.
- Any other item not specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
- Additional sightseeing or usage of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide and Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc is to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel prices, leading to an increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Government Service Tax
- Anything that is not mentioned in Inclusions.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 adults travelling together.
- Prices are based on Standard Rooms.
- The surcharge is applicable on a passenger travelling alone.
- ‘Child Rate’ applies to children between the ages of 2 to 12 years.
- Prices for foreign nationals are available on request.
- These rates are not applicable during any Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Trade Fairs and High Season.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- Amendment charges and cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, fuel prices or taxes, which may come into effect prior to departure, will lead to an increase in the tour price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- There will be no refund on any unused services.
- The hotel names mentioned are indicative. In case of non-availability of rooms, you will be accommodated in an alternate hotel of a similar category.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- All our booking terms & conditions will apply.
- AC will not operate inside the cab in hilly areas.
- The above tariffs are not applicable during public holidays, festivals and long weekends that include weekdays.
- Peak season / long weekend surcharge will be applicable as per individual hotel policy.
Related blogs and more information about the places covered will appear here soon.