Highlights of the tour
Experience mesmerizing landscapes of Northeast India, untamed wildlife and birds in biodiversity rich forests. Jeep safaris in the grasslands and forests of Kaziranga. An incredible trip through the heart and breadth of Northeast India, which will provide you a glimpse into one of India’s unexplored and fascinating regions.
Day 01: Arrival at Guwahati – Shillong (130 Kms / 3 and a half hour drive)
Meet and greet at Guwahati Airport/Station and drive to Shillong. En route witness the Umiam Lake or Barapani – the biggest artificial lake in Meghalaya located in the midst of sylvan hills adorned by Khasi pines and peerless beauty. Check in to the Hotel and after refreshments, if time permits visit Cathedral of Marry and Ward’s Lake. You can spend the evening at leisure and explore the place. You may take a walk to the famous Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight in Shillong.
Day 02: Shillong – Cherrapunjee (Sohra) – Shillong (60 Kms / 2 hour drive – one way)
After breakfast drive to Sohra (previously known as Cherrapunjee), the wettest place on earth, for an enjoyable day trip. En route visit the famous Elephant Falls and Shillong Peak – to enjoy a bird’s-eye view of Shillong city. In Sohra, stop at the Duwan Sing Syiem view point for mesmerizing views of the hills. Don’t miss the gorgeous Seven Sisters Falls and Nohkalikai Falls in Sohra. Later take a soft cave walk inside the Mawsmai Cave. The limestone cave is a natural wonder with innumerable formations inside. After lunch at Cherrapunjee, visit Thankarang Park. Drive back to Shillong. Overnight stay at the hotel in Shillong. Note: Most of the waterfalls are dry during winter.
Day 03: Shillong – Bhalukpong (350 kms / 7 and a half hour drive)
After breakfast, transfer to Bhalukpong, a town on the Assam – Arunachal Pradesh border. Overnight stay in Bhalukpong.
Day 04: Bhalukpong – Dirang (185 Kms / 6 and a half hour drive)
In the morning after enjoying your breakfast, drive to Dirang (4910 ft). En route visit Tippi Orchid Centre. Arunachal, the ‘Orchid Paradise’ is famed to have the largest variety of orchids in India. The Orchidarium at Tipi shelters 500 or more varieties of orchids. It is a premier Institute of excellence in orchid research and development, under the State Forest Research Institute (Department of Environment and Forests, Arunachal Pradesh). Drive to the hotel. After reaching there check in and relax. You may spend the evening at leisure. Overnight stay at the hotel in Dirang.
DAY 05: Dirang – Tawang (155 Kms / 6 hour drive)
In the morning after breakfast, drive to Tawang (10,000 ft). En route witness the unique Dirang Valley famous for its monasteries, hot Springs, apple & kiwi orchards, sheep breeding farms & charming valleys. Also witness the snowcapped Sella Pass at 13700 ft, the Jaswant Garh War Memorial and Jung Falls. Overnight stay in Tawang. Jaswant Garh War Memorial: Legend has it that Jaswant [Mahavir Chakra Awardee (Posthumous) of 4th Batallion Garhwal Rifles], fought a lone battle against the invading Chinese during the 1962 war. His spirit is still believed to protect the place. Sela Pass : At 13700 ft, the Sela Pass is snow‑covered (full or partial) all through the year and has breathtaking views. Close to the Pass is the beautiful Sela Lake, a heart‑shaped lake chiseled between the mountains, which enhances the beauty of the region. The Lake is mostly frozen in winter. Sela Pass is the main route to access Tawang town and is located 78 km before reaching Tawang. Jung Falls : The Nuranang falls (original name) At 6,000 feet it is located about 40 km before reaching Tawang. Nuranang Falls is famed as one of the most stunning waterfalls in North East India. The falls height is about 100 meters. The legend about the waterfalls goes that it is named after a Monpa girl Nura who aided an Indian soldier during the 1962 Sino‑Indian War.
Day 06: Tawang
Tawang is the beautiful land of the Monpa tribes. ‘The Land of Dawn-lit Mountains’ at 3500 mts lets you enjoy unparalleled purity of nature. After breakfast, visit the Tawang Monastery, Urgelling Monastery, Ani Gompa and PTso Lake. The Tawang Monastery, also known as the ‘GALDEN NAMGYEL LHATSE’ is one of the largest Lamaseries of Mahayana sect in Asia and is the largest of its kind in India. The Monastery is 400 years old and is adorned with a 18-feet-high statue of Lord Buddha. It stands at 10,000 feet amidst the exotic Himalayan ranges and overlooks the Tawang Chu valley. The Urgelling Monastery is located 5 km from Tawang city, and is the birth place of the 6th Dalai Lama, born in the 17th century. The monastery was established by the Lama Urgen Sangpo in the 15th century. Mongpa village visit will acquaint a visitor with their lifestyle, culture and traditions. The villages are located amidst exquisite beauty. Later visit the War Memorial commemorating the bravery of the Indian heroes of the Indo-China war of 1962. Witness the Sound and Light show in the evening. Overnight stay in Tawang.
Day 07: Tawang – Bomdila (180 Kms / 6 hour drive)
In the morning, drive back to Bomdila. You may spend the evening at leisure. Overnight stay in Bomdila.
Day 08: Bomdila – Kaziranga (270 Kms / 7 and a half hour drive)
After breakfast, drive to Kaziranga. Check in in to your hotel. Overnight stay in Kaziranga.
Day 09: Kaziranga
Kaziranga, the World Heritage Site is the oldest park in Assam and is located on the banks of the Brahmaputra River. Kaziranga National Park is a natural habitat for biologically diverse flora and fauna. It is home to the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses besides sheltering about 15 species of India’s threatened mammals. Early in the morning, set out for an Elephant ride at 5:00 a.m. Return to the hotel. After breakfast, leave and head out for a Jeep safari in the Central Range. With Kohora as the entry point, Central Range covers the Daglang and Foliomari area. Later enjoy a glimpse of the local village and Tea Garden (Outer View) tour. Overnight stay at Kaziranga. In the afternoon you may take an optional Jeep Safari (at ADDITIONAL COST) in the Western Range of Kaziranga National Park. With Baguri as the entry point, this range covers the Monabeel, Bimoli, Kanchanjuri areas. Overnight stay in Kaziranga.
Day 10: Guwahati Airport Departure (250 Kms / 5 hour drive)
After breakfast, you will be assisted with your transfer to Guwahati airport for your onward journey. The tour comes to an end but you leave with happy memories of your holiday in northeast India.
Type of Hotels
|Destination||No. of Nights||Standard Hotels||Deluxe Hotels|
|Shillong||02||Landmark Hills or similar||Hotel Polo Towers|
|Bhalukpong||01||Prashanti cottage||Prashanti cottage|
|Dirang||01||Hotel Pemaling||Hotel Pemaling|
|Tawang||02||Gayki Khang Zang/ Zax Star or similar||Gayki Khang Zang/ Zax Star or similar|
|Bomdila||01||Tsepal Yongjom or similar||Tsepal Yongjom or similar|
|Kaziranga||02||Bonhabi||Iora – The Retreat|
Package Prices Per Person (for Indian Nationals)
|No. of Pax||Standard Hotels||Deluxe Hotels|
- Accommodation for 08 nights / 09 days on twin / double sharing basis.
- Daily fixed menu / buffet breakfast.
- Exclusive AC vehicle for transfers and sightseeing as per itinerary only. (AC will not operate in hilly areas).
- All applicable taxes.
- Airfare/Train fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, liquor, boating and joy rides.
- Any other item not specified in ‘Cost Includes’.
- Additional sightseeing or usage of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide and Entrance Fees.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc is to be borne by the clients directly on the spot.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel prices, leading to an increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Government Service Tax
- Anything that is not mentioned in Inclusions.
General Terms & Conditions:
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 adults travelling together.
- Prices are based on Standard Rooms.
- The surcharge is applicable on a passenger travelling alone.
- ‘Child Rate’ applies to children between the ages of 2 to 12 years.
- Prices for foreign nationals are available on request.
- These rates are not applicable during any Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Trade Fairs and High Season.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- Amendment charges and cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, fuel prices or taxes, which may come into effect prior to departure, will lead to an increase in the tour price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- There will be no refund on any unused services.
- The hotel names mentioned are indicative. In case of non-availability of rooms, you will be accommodated in an alternate hotel of a similar category.
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- All our booking terms & conditions will apply.
- AC will not operate inside the cab in hilly areas.
- The above tariffs are not applicable during public holidays, festivals and long weekends that include weekdays.
- Peak season / long weekend surcharge will be applicable as per individual hotel policy.
Related blogs and more information about the places covered will appear here soon.